Top Family Lawyer Chicago
Top Family Lawyer Chicago
There are countless attorneys in the Chicago area who promote their legal services, so it can be difficult to know how to choose a lawyer for help with a family law issue. You can talk with friends, family, and co-workers about references, but you still need more information to ensure the best fit.
Our attorneys at the Law Offices of George M. Sanders, P.C. are qualified and experienced in all family law matters. We are adept at negotiations regarding family-related issues, but we are also skilled when representing your interests in court. If you contact our office we can set up a consultation to tell you more about our firm’s specific qualities. In the meantime, you may find it useful to review some tips on how to know you are working with a top family lawyer in Chicago.
- Your Lawyer Focuses on Family Law: Many general practice attorneys take on a wide range of cases. While broad coverage may work for some areas of law, family law requires more specific focus. There are many legal topics and areas under the umbrella of family law, and your attorney needs to have a firm grasp on all of them. Lawyers who also practice bankruptcy, defend DUI cases or advise business owners may not have the required knowledge.
- Your Family Law Attorney Has Extensive Experience: Besides legal knowledge, experience practicing family law in Illinois one of the most important factors to consider. It is essential to retain a lawyer who has worked with families for years in the areas of divorce, paternity, adoption, child custody, and related matters. Plus, it is important to hire an attorney with experience in court, as many family law cases involve hearings and other types of litigation.
- A Top Family Lawyer in Chicago Puts Your Needs First: Many attorneys rely on support staff to assist with firm management and administrative tasks. However, these individuals should never be your primary point of contact with your family lawyer. You need responsive, attentive representation, and the best attorney will return calls and messages promptly.
- Your Family Lawyer Has Compassion: Family law is highly personal and involves a range of emotions. Matters like adoption can fill you with joy, while divorce and paternity cases can be contentious and upsetting. You need to trust that your attorney has the compassion to deal with many types of ups and downs.
- Leading Family Law Attorneys Understand Your Budget: Most lawyers do not work for free, so they should be forthcoming with all matters related to billing. Ask for information on hourly rates, expenses, fees for copying, transportation to and from court, and other charges. Mention your budget for a family law issue, and make sure your attorney understands that you intend to stick to it.
Consult with a Top Family Lawyer in Chicago Today
If you have questions about a family law case, please contact the Law Offices of George M. Sanders, P.C. to set up an appointment. We assist clients in Chicago and throughout the surrounding area, and we are dedicated to serving your family law needs.