Hinsdale Divorce Lawyer
Coming to the point in your marriage where you and your spouse believe that filing for divorce is the best course of action moving forward can be a shocking realization. While no one wants to believe that their marriage will end in divorce, sometimes, dissolution of a marriage is in the best interests of all parties involved. At the Law Offices of George M. Sanders, P.C., our Hinsdale divorce attorneys have the experience and knowledge of the law you’d expect from legal professionals, and will competently represent you in ending your marriage and reaching a divorce settlement.
Working Through Issues in a Hinsdale Divorce
The issues that may present themselves during a divorce are myriad. Our experienced Hinsdale divorce lawyer is highly skilled in client representation and resolution of various issues, including:
- Child custody. Perhaps the most concerning issue for parties in a divorce is who will get custody of any children the couple has together. In Illinois, parents are encouraged to create parenting plans that outline custody arrangements together, although if they cannot do so, the court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child.
- Child support. Another common issue when children are involved is that of child support. Child support must be paid by the non-custodial parent, and is a non-negotiable requirement when parents separate.
- Alimony. Spousal maintenance, or alimony, may be ordered when one party in a marriage makes a significant amount more than does the other.
- Property division. Marital property–that is, property that is acquired by either spouse during the course of a marriage–must be divided equitably, but not equally, in a divorce. Like all other issues in divorce, parties can make decisions about how property will be split outside of the courtroom. However, if agreement cannot be reached, the decision will fall to a judge.
Why You Should Work with a Hinsdale Divorce Lawyer
There is no requirement to work with a divorce lawyer when terminating your marriage in Hinsdale. However, doing so is recommended, and can be a critical component to preserving your best interests. Our lawyer will assist you in:
- Filing for divorce. Filing for divorce requires filling out multiple documents, paying a filing fee, and serving your spouse. This is a legal process, and one that can be complicated and time consuming.
- Understanding the law. Your marriage must be dissolved in conjunction with Illinois law, and issues in the divorce must be resolved in accordance with the law as well. We help you to understand the law and your rights under it.
- Negotiating with your spouse. There are many different ways to pursue a divorce, including collaborative divorce, mediation, litigation, and negotiation. We help you to work with your spouse, representing you in all interactions, to reach a settlement agreement that works for all parties.
- Representing your best interests. In the event that an out-of-court divorce settlement cannot be reached, we can represent you in going to court to obtain a judgement.
Our law firm is committed to our clients, and we truly care about those we serve. If you are considering divorce or have recently been served a petition for divorce, please contact our savvy Hinsdale divorce lawyers today for a free consultation.