Child Custody Lawyer Near Me
Child Custody Lawyer Near Me
You would not consider having your child see a pediatrician whose office is hours away. For the same reasons, you should not retain legal services from anyone other than a local child custody lawyer.
At the Law Offices of George M. Sanders, P.C., our child custody attorneys have spent more than a decade serving local clients throughout Northern Illinois from our office in Downtown Chicago. We have experience representing clients in all area courts, so we know both written and unwritten rules about how these cases work. Please contact our firm to schedule a consultation to learn more about how hiring a local child custody lawyer is to your advantage.
- Relationships in the Court Room: When attorneys spend a lot of time appearing in court for conferences and hearings, they get to know judges, clerks, bailiffs, and other court staff. These relationships are important because they help a lawyer in preparing for child custody matters. Knowing how a judge has ruled on an issue similar to your own ensures your attorney can anticipate how a court will approach your case.
- Relationships Outside the Court Room: A lawyer who has handled many local child custody cases will be familiar with opposing counsel. This can be beneficial when you are trying to reach an agreement on the allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting time, and other issues related to minor children.
- Legal Knowledge: Illinois child custody statutes and court procedural rules are quite broad, and there are also specific rules that apply in each individual courtroom. A local attorney will be more familiar with all of these rules and regulations. This type of detailed knowledge is an asset in your case.
- Accessibility: There will be a lot of communication and interaction with your attorney in a child custody case and distance can make that difficult. When you have to take time off work or drive hours just to visit your lawyer’s office, it is not only an inconvenience – it is also detrimental to your case. The hassles of working with a distant attorney may discourage you from meaningfully participating in your child custody matter. Having a local attorney can alleviate many of these stresses, ensuring you have the ability to focus on what matters most.
- Costs: You can expect to pay lower amounts for travel expenses when you hire a local child custody attorney. A lawyer who has to drive many miles for court hearings or depositions may charge you for travel time, as well as for mileage. Your local child custody attorney may also bill you for these types of expenses, but the costs will be lower with reduced distance between the firm office and important meetings and court dates.
Trust an Illinois Child Custody Lawyer with Your Case
Much like in sports, there are significant impacts to having ”home field advantage” in a child custody matter. Our lawyers at the Law Offices of George M. Sanders, P.C. know how to use them as a benefit in an Illinois child custody case. If you have questions about your case, please contact our office to schedule an initial consultation. We represent clients throughout the Chicago area, including Cook, DuPage, Will, Lake, and Kane Counties.